Donate (SCROLL DOWN TO BYPASS TEXT AND MAKE A DONATION)
DSNMC is a volunteer organization that relies on sponsorships and donations. Your generous contribution allows us to continue our mission to support and empower individuals with Down syndrome and their families. Donations can be made by check or credit card.
With Your Support, DSNMC Provides:
- New Parent Resources: Available in English and Spanish to all parents who contact us and who have received a pre-natal or post-natal diagnosis of Down syndrome. The packet is valued at approximately $100 and is provided to new parents free of charge.
- Annual Parents and Educators Conference: Techniques for Success (TFS), which brings in national speakers and self-advocates to teach educators practical tips and strategies for educating students with Down syndrome and those with other special needs. Educators and parents are able to attend for only a nominal fee and receive continuing education credit and a flash drive of resources that they bring back to their schools.
- Advocacy: By paying the registrations for our members to attend the annual Buddy Walk on Washington ® where members of the Down syndrome community from all over the country come together as one to meet with their respective representatives on Capitol Hill to advocate on issues.
- Networking opportunities: Including monthly playdates and coffees. These opportunities give parents the chance to ask each other questions, share resources and offer support to each other.
- Tools for School Workshops: DSNMC works with the ARC Montgomery County and the Autism Society to sponsor these workshops on topics such as IEPs, Transition, and other special education related topics which parents and educators attend free of charge.
- Self-advocates sponsorship: To participate in a series of workshops with ArtStream, an organization that creates artistic opportunities for people with disabilities. These workshops are provided free-of-charge to our self-advocates to help them to build confidence and learn how to present themselves in public and social situations.
- Quarterly newsletter, Connections, to keep members informed about our activities and share more in-depth information about DSNMC events and topics of interest.
- Social events for our families that are always free-of-charge. We host a winter dance, spring picnic, a summer pool party, and the Step Up for Down Syndrome Awareness Walk.
Make a Donation